MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The main purpose of the position is to manage the various manufacturing activities and the utilization of all available resources through subordinate Team Leaders in order to achieve planned production targets. The incumbent will also be expected to ensure compliance with established quality standards and safety rules, policies, procedures and Legislation in the course of the execution of duties.
- Matric plus a Production / Operations Management Degree, Diploma or any equivalent academic qualification
- 5 to 6 years Production Management experience, preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Strong Leadership, Interpersonal, Conflict resolution and Problem Solving skills
- Computer literacy and Proficiency on all Microsoft packages
- Familiarity with Quality procedures and Safety rules / Legislation
- Experienced and effective manager working in a unionized environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Deliver planned production and ensure that products are manufactured on time and in full and thus minimize overtime - (Improve uptime)
- Implement initiatives to ensure safe and efficient production operations, continuous improvement and delivering set quality standards on a consistent basis
- Ensure that all forms of waste are minimized in the course of the production process
- Manage the activities of Team Leaders and provide coaching, training and motivation where necessary
- Enforce compliance with safety rules, policies and procedures within the production facility
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery is fully operational, and alert maintenance of breakdown
- Keep records of scrap reports and develop methodologies to minimize the production of scrap
- Enhance communication with Team Leaders and employees within the factory
- Forge a sound working relationship with the Union and all workers within the manufacturing facility
- Carry out any production related projects as may be allocated from time to time.