A reputable client of ours in the Chemical Manufacturing industry has a career opportunity for a Production Foreman to join their team. This role reports to the Production Manager, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the required production targets are continuously achieved whilst ensuring high Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
- Ensure that the required production is achieved by meeting productivity targets, waste minimization and adhering to HSEQ standards.
- Enforce Health & Safety rules and conduct safety talks regularly.
- Ensure that the plant is maintained to a high level of engineering, housekeeping and safety standards.
- Ensure that there is adequate stock of raw materials.
- Create requisitions for store items as required by production staff.
- Report breakdown of equipment and any maintenance that needs to be carried out timeously via SAP notifications.
- Issue permits and isolate equipment for maintenance and repairs.
- Conduct permit audits, safety dialogues and planned task observations regularly and capture on the SAM system accordingly.
- Conduct plant inspections regularly.
- Supervise employees and contractors.
- Apply disciplinary measures to employees when required as per Company disciplinary code.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- 3 year Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
Please apply to : firstname.lastname@example.org