Production Shift Foreman (Durban)
Production Shift Foreman
Our client has an exciting opportunity in our Mesh and Wire Departments. We are looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Production Shift Foreman. The successful candidate will report directly to the Galv and Wire Draw Production Manager.
To lead an operational team to meet production performance targets while reducing costs. We're looking for a creative thinker who is willing to share his ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business. If you're a hard worker with potentially good supervisory and time management skills, can follow schedules, willingness to work under pressure and assume accountability, we want to talk to you.
- Evaluate and take responsibility for each station, machinery and resources involved in the manufacturing process to ensure maximum efficiency and performance.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
- Housekeeping. Keep the factory and work areas clean, tidy and products in order.
- Inspect products prior to delivery to ensure accurate labelling and excellent quality.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees and management.
- Ensure a healthy IR environment.
- Develop employees.
- Complete shift documentation
- Enforce safety policies and procedures to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job
- In close liaison with the production manager and quality controllers, ensure that products are manufactured in accordance with production plan
- Monitor operator output and efficiency and recommend and implement changes to improve production output
- Ensure that all finished products are correctly identified
- Ensuring their shift reaches targets as set by management and reporting any factor that might influence the set plan with an alternative plan in hand (forward Planning)
Key attributes and competencies
- Able to work under pressure and handle constructive feedback
- Credibility and Integrity
- Customer Service Orientated
- Initiative and resourceful
Qualifications / Experience
- Matric with Maths
- 3 - 5 years technical experience in a similar environment
A production or technical qualification would be an added advantage.