Production Shift Supervisor (Durban)
Production Shift Supervisor
Our client within steel manufacturing is looking for a talented individual with relevant skills and experience to join the team as a Production Shift Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
To lead an operational team to meet production performance targets while reducing costs.
You must be a creative thinker who is willing to share his ideas and implementing new strategies to benefit the business.
You must have good supervisory and time management skills, ability to follow strict schedules, and a willingness to work under pressure and assume accountability.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Evaluate and take responsibility for each station, machinery and resources involved in the manufacturing process to ensure maximum efficiency and performance.
- Enforce safety policies and procedures to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
- Housekeeping. Keep the factory and work areas clean, tidy and products in order.
- Inspect products prior to delivery to ensure accurate labelling and excellent quality.
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees and management.
- Ensure a healthy IR environment.
- Develop employees.
- Complete shift documentation
- Package & Remuneration
- Matric with Maths
- 3 - 5 years technical experience in a similar environment
- A production or technical qualification would be an added advantage
Key attributes and competencies
- Able to work under pressure and handle constructive feedback
- Credibility and Integrity
- Customer Service Orientated
- Initiative and resourceful