Our client, a leading manufacturing company based in Durban has an opening for a Millwright to join their dynamic team.
- Responsible for the maintenance of plant and equipment and general repairs of all mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (basic) equipment
- Ensure that all machinery and equipment is maintained and serviced and kept in good working condition at all times, thus ensuring minimum plant down time
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out to set standards and notifying superiors of deviations
- Conduct fault finding and repairs to all site equipment
- Conduct regular inspections and monitor equipment ensuring early detection and preventative maintenance. This may include (but is not limited to) electrical equipment such as UPS units, generators, switch-gears, breakers, etc.
- Assist and actively participate in projects, which include installation, commissioning, testing and handover
- Perform (M, E & I) isolation of equipment in preparation for contractors and in accordance with the company LOTO procedure.
- Operate lifting equipment which may include forklifts, cranes etc. as well as general rigging equipment
- Accepting permits for contractors and overseeing work done
- Perform MV (11kV) switching as and when required
- Perform work as per company requirements – instructions, job cards, work permits, handover, sign-off, closing of job cards etc.
- Perform standby duties and overtime work as and when required
- Ensure compliance to OHSAct, company Directives, JSA’s and other relevant systems
- Perform any other related task as and when required
- N6 level qualification or equivalent
- Trade tested Millwright
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
Apply to : email@example.com