Warehouse Manager – Durban
Ensure that stock is received, stored, picked and despatched in the appropriate and accurate manner to meet the Company’s standards and to satisfy the obligations to customers.
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receiving stock
- Grade 12 and relevant Warehouse qualification
- Good understanding of the Receiving/Warehouse process.
- Good understanding of the Stocktake process.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of warehouse safety regulations
- Physical dexterity and experience operating forklifts.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Syspro knowledge is an advantage. Let us know what inhouse program they have worked on
- Basic math skills
- Monitor and review working practices to maximize performance and productivity.
- Continually review working practices and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work with all team members to ensure that company goals are consistently achieved and maintained.
- Ensure that all procedures and working practices adhere to those defined by company policy.
- Work with management and all interfacing departments.
- Oversee receipt of all shipments, discrepancies, and damage reports as needed.
- Oversee the movement of inventory to various locations manually and by operating mechanical equipment, including forklift, pallet jack, and handcart.
- Oversee the loading and unloading all containers and trucks.
- Oversee the packing of all goods received onto shelves and stock bins.
- Evaluate damaged goods received on shipments of equipment and supplies and take appropriate action and follow up.
- Implement and monitor procedures to ensure that the proper inventory is in all warehouse locations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor all key functions related to inventory transactions (Syspro) to assure that they are accurate and timely.
- Coordinate a cycle count program in a periodic inventory environment.
- Coordinate the cycle count progress and results to identify necessary recounts and processes to be monitored and provide regular reports on the results.
- Perform thorough research and document inventory discrepancies using all available resources to identify root causes and supply possible solutions.
- Work with key personnel to effectively implement process improvements to operational procedures in an effort to proactively optimize overall location and item level accuracy and maintain the highest possible productivity levels.
- Coordinate the efforts of the cycle counts in an effort to identify and correct discrepancies on items at the location level as needed.
- Monitor warehouse and store transfers for accuracy and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee the daily flow of all orders to include receiving, labelling, locating and timely shipping.
- Troubleshoot all order problems from time of receipt.
- Monitor special order returns, provide reports and ensures quick returns.
- Ensure that the unit of measure “in” is the same as the unit of measure “out”.
- Oversee the management and maintenance the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital
- Maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Ensure that all stock is being allocated to the job correctly.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Dispatch all warehouse transfers accurately.
- Picking, packing, and labelling of all goods to be transferred
- Implement a double-checking system for transfers.
- Loading of freight company vehicles.
- Direct and maintain a safety program for all employees assigned to warehouse.
- Initiate and maintain proper and necessary safety and fire prevention equipment within warehouse as prescribed by law.
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly fashion, keeping safety in mind at all times.
- ensure all lifting equipment is maintained, serviced and checked regularly.
- Properly accounting for the location of incoming goods
- Assuring no damaged items are received
- Comparing packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Comparing purchase orders with invoices and packaging lists.
- Inspecting deliveries to ensure they match order and invoice criteria.
- Receiving and signing of deliveries.
- Unloading deliveries from trucks.
- Processing returns for incorrect or unsatisfactory items.
- Submit returns documents and liaise with debtors department
- Checking goods received are correctly labelled
- Labelling and incoming goods that are not labelled
- Organizing and storing received items in appropriate areas.
- Updating inventory with received items.
- Returning incorrect stock to suppliers
- Maintaining records of orders, delivery details, etc.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and current remuneration package.