Technical Operations Engineer
- Education Level: Tertiary qualification in Information Technology
- Experience: 2 – 4 years experience in enterprise technical support
The purpose of the Technical Operations Engineer is to help ensure .’s proprietary technology stack, infrastructure and 3rd party integrations are available and performing at optimal levels.
As the Technical Operations Engineer your mission will be to:
- Collaborate with internal . teams to investigate and resolve any technical issues related to .’s proprietary technology stack and 3rd party systems
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of all relevant dashboards and reports that relate to .’s technology stack availability and performance
- Provide technical support to all internal . teams with respect to technology enablement (e.g. automation tools)
- Engage and collaborate with the Platform Team to triage and prioritise identified software issues
As a successful candidate you will need the ability to work both independently as well as within a team.
- You must have the ability to take ownership of new challenges and believe in getting the job done using all of the available tools and resources available to you.
- You will need to have experience in web development tools and techniques as well as sound experience with MySQL and software testing processes and techniques.
- You should be comfortable working on multiple tasks concurrently, work well under pressure and display a high-level of confidence when dealing with both internal and external business stakeholders.
System monitoring and system improvement
- Monitor core systems
- Monitor 3rd party integrations
- Incident and escalation management
- Generate and provide SQL reports to verify key system metrics
- Platform testing
- Automate manual tasks using different integration tooling
Troubleshooting and bug prioritisation
- Bug triage and escalation
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Troubleshooting day-to-day technical queries for external and internal stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology
- At least 2 years’ experience in enterprise technical support
- SQL scripting skills essential
- Good spreadsheet skills
- Network system administration skills would be an advantage
- Data Warehousing Technologies (eg Snowflake) would be an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Quick learner
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Since the majority of work is done from home, a good home working space and reliable internet connection is essential