Technical Audit Specialist – JHB
Our client is looking for a Technical Audit Specialist to join the team.
Relevant degree (NQF7)
CISA or studying towards CISA advantageous.
Experience in Learning and Education and/or Technical Analysis of Regulatory Requirements advantageous.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- 3-4 years external or internal audit experience, with exposure to development of audit methodology.
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in developing business process and controls.
- High-level understanding of legal and regulatory frameworks.
- The ability to formulate processes and testing methodologies to audit regulatory requirements.
- Superior competency in reporting and document writing.
- Computer literate (Proficiency in MS Office suite; M-files advantageous).
- Knowledge of internal and external audit methodologies.
- Ability to approach tasks analytically.
- Experience in review and evaluation of internal controls including IT controls.
- Understanding of platforms and operating systems.
Strategic thinking ability – ability to envision potential future scenarios
- Regulatory analysis of compliance requirements for various online gambling jurisdictions.
- Maintaining updated knowledge of new/changed regulations for the particular constituency/jurisdiction and communicating to internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Development of knowledge source for regulated market requirements.
- Provision of guidance related to interpretation of regulations.
- Advise senior management on recommended approach to certification processes and testing in operational markets.
- Developing knowledge of jurisdictional requirements for certification of technical gambling systems.
- Ownership over the development of work programs for new market certification testing and obtaining senior management approval for use.
- Enhancing the quality of work programs that are currently used by compliance auditors and games testers for multiple jurisdictions.
- Drafting and maintaining template reports and certificates for use by compliance auditors and games testers and obtaining senior management approval for use.
- Peer reviews and quality assurance functions for proposals, customised/scoped base work programs, audit working papers, client certificates and reports of compliance auditors.
- Quality assurance reviews for audit working papers, client certificates and reports of games testers.
- Enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of testing methodology across regulated markets.
- Assisting in accreditation renewals where necessary.
- Development of audit methodology and formal audit process documentation for regulatory compliance audits for new markets.
- Improvement of audit methodology and documentation of formal audit process documentation for regulatory compliance audits for current markets.
- Conducting regular checks on regulated market updates and incorporating changes into audit methodology and audit processes.
- Participating in formal training on audit methodology and processes to be followed by regulatory compliance auditors.
- Management of technical queries associated with compliance requirements.
- Request senior management involvement where contentious issues arise and communicate areas to senior management where communication with the regulator and/or lawyers may be needed