Our client in the Manufacturing Industry is looking for a Candidate, To ensure stock accuracy with improving control and storage of physical inventory, overseeing inbound and outbound material transactions, investigating discrepancies, and monitoring the work of subordinates.
1.1. Plan and execute monthly stock take procedures ensuring inter alia that the stock is accurately counted, recorded and variances analysed and explained.
1.2. Implement and maintain policies and procedures related to inventory control.
1.3. Establish and execute cycle count schedule in compliance with the company objectives.
1.4. Maintain the cycle count records so that it can be reviewed by management and provide reports related to cycle count activity.
1.5. Oversee the inventory areas by organizing and maintaining efficient material handling, storage and preservation of product.
1.6. Ensure the highest level of housekeeping is maintained at all times, with shelves, racks and materials clearly labelled.
1.7. Maintain good stock management practices to ensure efficient stock levels without undue stock shortages.
1.8. Accurate control of paper/kit issues.
1.9. Investigate and eliminate material shortages to production and report on corrective/preventative actions to team.
1.10. Monitor and assist expeditors with suppliers and free issue customers.
1.11. Must be able to set priorities in line with the production schedule.
1.12. Maintain Stock Days as per company objectives.
1.13. Co-ordinate damaged and defective products and ensure that it is accounted and handled as per company procedures.
1.14. Manage and eliminate all obsolete and reject stock holdings.
2. Goods receiving
2.1. Ensure that all goods received are checked for both quality and quantity and accurately GRN’d for processing within Syspro.
2.2. Audit receiving/issuing processes and eliminate the inconsistencies that affect the accuracy of the inventories.
3. Staff management and development
3.1. Coach/train stores personnel and supervise their work to ensure compliance with quality standards, procedures, policies and deadlines.
4.1. Facilitate team and other meetings effectively.
4.2. Hold regular status meetings with relevant teams.
4.3. Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
4.4. Communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
· Preferably 3 year’s experience within a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
· Basic lean manufacturing knowledge an advantage.
· Honesty and integrity at all times.
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and establish priorities.
· Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal as well as written communication skills.
· Ability to supervise, control, manage, instruct and lead others.
· Computer skills, especially Excel, Word and Outlook will prove to be an advantage.
· Ability to manage time effectively, as employee may need to handle multiple functions and meet the deadlines consistently.
· Should be able to function independently with minimal supervision and should be self-motivated
· Relevant post secondary degree, diploma or certificate is advantageous.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft suite of products
· Knowledge of ERP in respect of purchasing and related modules is advantageous.
· Syspro advantageous for new candidates
Salary: R15 – 20 000 CTC per month