The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated service issues, coaching other engineers to resolutions, engineering and implementing complex projects, and for maintaining and overseeing the technology of their assigned accounts.
This role is a key position within the service department and will be called upon to resolve the highest-level technical issues.
Ensuring the highest levels of systems, infrastructure availability and SLAs.
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- IT Diploma or Degree
- A+, N+
- MCSE/ MCSA
- 7+ Years’ experience in Information Technology
- Experience with full product development life cycle
- Experience with system engineering design strategies and techniques
- Security (S+)
- VmWare VCP 6 or Later
- Linux/Unix server and systems administration
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Microsoft Azure certifications in AZ103/AZ300/AZ500
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Level of responsibilities can be heightened as and when required
- Extensive experience with core Microsoft Windows roles and features
- Implement, administer, and maintain Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Update methodologies, including SCCM, WSUS.
- Manage and maintain Office 365 Security, Compliance and Governance, ensuring Office 365 is secure.
- Creation & maintenance of Failover Clusters supporting SQL and File Share services.
- Own and grow Systems Engineering & Realisation capabilities for THE COMPANY Global.
- Leadership skills: Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Scripting and automation
- Installation, configuration & management of highly available ADFS servers.
- Microsoft O365 Environment Installation, Monitoring, Support & Maintenance
- Installation, configuration & management of Active Directory Domain and Certificate Services servers.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Backup Solution Installation, Monitoring, Support & Maintenance (Local, Hosted & Off Site)
- Creation & maintenance of Remote Desktop Servers (RDS) including Gateway services.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Evaluates the existing systems and provides the technical direction to IT support staff.
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare preferred)
- Extensive experience with MS Windows and MS Office product implementations and support including Active Directory, LDAP, Exchange and Remote Desktop Services
- Messaging fundamentals (Mimecast SMTP, DMARC, DKIM, SPF)
- Experience with on-premises AD, Azure AD, AD Connect, ADFS and similar technologies
- Exposure to PCI-DSS and compliance Standards
- Participating, providing, and assisting in the design, UAT and implementation of solutions.
Hardware and software scoping and planning for client requirements.