The Company work is underpinned by facts, driven by data, and designed for impact.
What’s the role?
Looking for innovative and effective Project Manager to drive programmes and facilitate change at our clients and within the industries we support. To be successful in this role, you will need to design, execute and innovate to ensure your projects have a measurable impact.
A career with the Company represents a genuine opportunity to learn, grow, and facilitate meaningful change in South Africa. We are looking for bright individuals who have the ability to think, work and act independently, with a natural tendency to question the status quo. Most of all, we are looking for those who are interested in developing the real economy, with industrialisation and job creation at the heart of economic growth.
What do they do?
Our vision is to drive sustainable and inclusive industrial growth. We do this by partnering with government and leading firms in strategic industries to create innovative sector or supply chain development programmes. The content of these programmes includes best practice discovery and dissemination, performance diagnostics, skills development, mentoring/coaching, technology development and market access initiatives.
• Honours or Masters degree from a leading academic university
5-7 years’ relevant experience
• Analytical skills and ability to influence change based on understanding of environments
• Management consulting experience essential
• Recognised project management qualification, e.g. PMP, Agile, etc.
What will you be doing?
• Problem solve in unstructured environments where the diagnosis and solution may not be clear and lateral, big picture thinking is required
• Arrange and facilitate conversations, engagements and workshops with various contributors, both internal and external, in order to effect change
• Set projects up for success with SMART objectives, risk identification and a robust monitoring & evaluation mechanism
• Manage internal and external resources to ensure project deliverables run on time and budget
• Divide time between our office and clients’ factories and head offices
Who are you?
• You can see the big picture but also have strong attention to detail
• You are socially adaptable – the ability and desire to engage with people from different socioeconomic backgrounds and in different environments, from boardroom to factory
• You have good business acumen – an intuitive understanding of commercial challenges and opportunities
• You have an interest in facilitating organisational change using structured methodologies (e.g. Agile)
• You are an outgoing person with impeccable communication skills and high emotional intelligence