Engineering & Technical ~ Logisitics & Shipping
Receiving incoming deliveries by verifying and signing for shipments, unloading and storing the received items, and processing returned stock.
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receiving stock
- Grade 12 and relevant Warehouse qualification
- Previous warehouse experience
- Good understanding of the Receiving/Warehouse process.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of warehouse safety regulations
- Physical dexterity and experience operating forklifts.
- Computer skills and knowledge of data entry and inventory software programs.
- Syspro knowledge is an advantage.
- Basic math skills
- Responsible for inspecting incoming shipments for potential damages and other issues to ensure shipment quality.
- Properly accounting for the location of incoming goods
- Assuring no damaged items are received
- Comparing packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Comparing purchase orders with invoices and packaging lists.
- Inspecting deliveries to ensure they match order and invoice criteria.
- Receiving and signing of deliveries.
- Unloading deliveries from trucks.
- Processing returns for incorrect or unsatisfactory items.
- Submit returns documents and liaise with debtors department
- Checking goods received are correctly labelled
- Labelling and incoming goods that are not labelled
- Organizing and storing received items in appropriate areas.
- Updating inventory with received items.
- Returning incorrect stock to suppliers
- Maintaining records of orders, delivery details, etc.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and current remuneration package