Operations Manager (Residential Estate) in Hillcrest, Durban
The purpose of this role is to oversee adherence and ensure compliance with all statutory and estate-based regulations and rules governing all environmental, operational, utilities, construction, improvements and repair activities, whether initiated by residents or by the HOA Board.
This role is also responsible for the appearance and upkeep of the estate, landscaping, infrastructure and facilities, including managing service providers.
- Maintenance and Operations: Managing facilities and all infrastructure, including projects (e.g. road upgrades, gardens, storm water, etc) and ensuring ongoing general maintenance of all HOA owned facilities
- Environmental: Control, manage ongoing maintenance of all parks, gardens and natural environments within the estate, including overseeing verges
- Maintenance department, Manage department, including service providers, staff, workshop, stock and assets
- Building and property compliance: Monitoring and control of all building activity, including open stands during the pre- construction phase.
- Utility Management: Oversee, direct and manage service providers and ensure infrastructure in good order
- Budgets and reporting: Compiling the required maintenance and operational budgets & reports and submitting them to relevant parties
- Statutory compliance: Ensure the estate complies with all statutory regulations and requirements
- Experience with most of the above
- Preference for prior experience in large scale residential environment
- Good understanding of environmental issues
- Good understanding of the statutory requirements in the building and construction industry
- Good understanding of the issues and legislation affecting residential communities
- Good understanding of architectural drawings and building plans
- Plumbing, electrical, technical or building knowledge would be advantageous
- On call 24 /7 as needs arise
- Attendance at evening meetings – e.g. Bodies Corporate, committees, board etc
- Maintains close contact with all service providers
- Emphasis on setting protocols and procedures, monitoring, controlling, driving and enforcing
- Experience in working with Committees
Must have own vehicle, used daily
R35 000 – R40 000 CTC