MULTI-MEDIA DESIGNER JOB SPEC
An innovative life insurance company that exists to protect the incomes of hardworking South Africans.
Internal studio within Marketing department reporting into Internal Agency Manager
Based in Durban at Head Office or working remotely in Johannesburg/Cape Town/Gqeberha/East London and required to travel to Durban every few weeks.
We’re looking for a Multimedia Designer to join our internal creative studio. The successful candidate will have exceptional design, motion graphic skills, and sound knowledge of how to unpack a brief, articulate and translate a concept that resonates with our target audience and live comfortably across digital platforms. The role requires a deep understanding of digital media, a passion for keeping up to date with latest trends and a hunger to bring these into practical campaigns that drive the bottom line for our business.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- • Work closely with the Internal Agency Manager and Creative Head to grow the creative discipline of the studio
- • Creation of design assets for use on websites, emailers, social media and other digital platforms
- • Execute and produce high-quality motion and static brand design content
- • Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- • Design motion graphics from storyboards
- • Adhere to project timelines and budgets
- • Be proactive and produce outstanding work beyond the brief
- • Work as a team player ready to take on any project that may come into the creative studio
- • Work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams within the business
Skill set required:
- • Minimum of 3-year tertiary qualification in graphic design, multimedia design or equivalent
- • Have at least three years’ experience as multimedia designer at a reputable digital agency or internal creative studio
- • Excellent visual communication skills to present and execute ideas and information in a multimedia context
- • A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple digital mediums
- • Proficiency with design software – Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc Experience in HTML and CSS
- • Up to date with latest creative trends and ability to execute them across different digital channels.
- • Ability to translate heavy content into a visual story
- • Strong design skills
- • Take ownership and responsibility
- • Excellent organisational, time and project management skills
- • Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- • Ability to work under pressure in a close-knit team
- • An understanding of the latest digital marketing and keeping up with the evolving landscape
- • Demonstrates effective self-management and good judgement, with high EQ
Application submissions process
Interested candidates can submit their CV and a link to their online portfolio or showreel to email@example.com. Only submissions received via this email address will be considered.
Salary is R40 000 CTC max