Logistics Planner – Durban
Manage the tankers loading from refinery or depot to local customer or export including documentation and clearing agent. Identify & resolve any issues which negatively affect transport optimisation.
- Matric + Completed Diploma or Degree
- 3-5 years Transport management and logistics experience an advantage
- Good IT understanding – Word / Excel / Cell phone, to create digital document packs for export.
- Able to manage an office iro documentation flow, communicate via e-mail using a computer, or cell phone, keep schedules as required using Excel and prepare reports using MS Word and Excel.
- Has a dominant character, detail orientated with a sense of responsibility, must be able to work under pressure and unsupervised – a customer first mind-set, clear communication & organisational skills, assertive & solution driven .
- Understand the anomalies relating to cross-border transport and customs requirements
- Organized & be able to implement systems to manage the job functions
- Energetic – continual monitoring of people involved in the transport system (customs, transporters & clearing agents, for export) & being pro-active in identifying & managing issues.
- Confident & assertive – ensure you take evasive action to rectify potential problems & be in a position to pre-empt issues & problems.
- Ensure time taken for each tanker on deliveries or collections is minimized to maximize efficient utilization – ie maximize the number of trips per tanker per month.
- Pro-actively Identify & resolve issues which may affect / delay the transport
- Build a relationship with transporters, clearing agents and refinery staff
- Update Pmb staff, other internal and customers with eta for tankers.
- Keep schedules, documentation & spreadsheets continuously filed & up to date
- Communicate with transporters, clearing agents, refinery & customers
- Reconcile statement from Refinery to stock sheets at the Depot
- Advise when further loads are to be paid for & ensure loads are pre-paid to avoid delays when collected
- Reporting & statistics