The Software Developer will help with the development and support of legacy projects and operations.
The company is undergoing a ground up overhaul of its supporting business applications, processes, and technology. While this is underway, our existing legacy systems and operations need to be running smoothly, improved where it’s justifiable and updated or enhanced where required.
As a member of the Legacy Development and Support team, you will be required to apply a combination of technical skills, build a strong understanding of the intricate and complex functioning of systems and processes, and build domain knowledge to
- ensure the efficient running of legacy systems,
- respond effectively to support issues,
- identify areas that can be improved,
- apply software enhancements,
- help with system testing and validation procedures,
- work with customers or departments on technical issues and ensure correct execution and performance of system related operational procedures.
- Relevant Degree, Diploma or Certification. Proven experience and knowledge would also be considered
- Proven experience in Software Maintenance and Development
- Personal Skills/Abilities o A passion for solving problems.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes.
- Willingness to solve tackle any problem; big or small; complex or simple
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively. o Able to work with teams as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional work ethic, driven, self-motivated, highly accountable with strong initiative and passion. o Cut through unnecessary work and focus only on essential work to deliver the required business value.
- Support the team throughout projects. o Able to encourage team members and stakeholders to contribute by being kind and agreeable in team scenarios
Required Technological skills
- Very strong SQL Server skills
- Classic ASP.
- WEB APIs
- Ability to solve problems by debugging code without assistance
- Proven experience using Visual Studio
- o VB6. o Azure. o .NET Core.