L3 IT Service Engineer – Durban
If you are an IT enthusiast and looking for international exposure and growth, then we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity with our client in Australia – an established and growing cloud focused IT services company – who are looking for an experienced, dynamic and hungry go-getter to take up the role of Level 3 IT Engineer.
The client is looking to grow and build a strong team in Durban and are looking for seasoned, reliable IT professionals with advanced IT services experience and who are ready for career progression in a long-term role and a secure salary that’s above market rates.
To be successful you must demonstrate advanced technical skills with the following:
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft server operating system – 2012R2, 2016 & 2019
- Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services
- Azure AD
- Backup Systems
- NAS experience
- IT Ticketing Systems (Connectwise, ServiceNow, Desk etc)
- Remote Management and Monitoring Tools (Automate, Kasyea, N-Able etc)
- AWS / Azure
- MikroTik – RouterOS
- Network experience with Unify switching and WIFI AP
- 3CX and Teams calling
- Microsoft ATP
- IDP/SSO Tools
- Azure MFA
- Understanding of PowerShell scripts
You must be:
- A Strong Leader – We are looking for a reliable, strong ‘adult’ who can lead people and handle curveballs. If you are someone that does not relish taking control of the odd tough situation this isn’t for you.
- Customer Centric – This person understands that the customer’s perspective matters most and that everything we do centres around optimising the customer’s experience. This means you need to be a strong communicator and someone that can handle conversations with real life businesspeople and client-side IT professionals.
- Have Business to Business Commercial Experience – The job doesn’t suit a large corporate background. The person needs to understand the nature of a commercial client relationship and the breadth of operational responsibility of an SME business leader. This role would suit someone who has run a business before.
- The role will be work from home, anywhere in South Africa until end 2021 which is when we will switch to office based and you will be required to report for work in our Umhlanga office, Durban. You must be located or willing to relocate to Durban and have own transport.
- The role has challenging hours. You will be starting work at midnight and finishing at 9am Durban time (AU shift) or starting at 2pm Durban time and finishing at midnight (USA shift).
- Overseas Travel Requirements – During your probation you will be required to travel to our Manila office to work closely with our team. Be prepared for 1-3 months away from home in the first year while we bring you up to speed.
- You will be working to the Australian calendar following Australian public holidays. 20 days paid leave per year either planned (vacation) or unplanned (sick)
- Own IT – We take responsibilities for situations and see them through to the end for our customer. We do not look the other way and make excuses or blame others.
- Learn – We are committed to personal and professional growth. Everyone makes mistakes, some people learn. We are cool with that.
- Win-Win – We are fair and kind people. We make sure that we see other people’s perspectives and behave accordingly. We are not out for a quick win. We setup relationships for life.
- None of that is lip service. That is who we are and what you need to be if it is going to fit.
- The hours – see above
- Learning the business and being trained remotely during COVID. You will at times be working independently. If you are someone that needs face to face interaction to get motivated this will be challenging for you.
- Working and maintaining relationships with geographically dispersed team members across nationalities you might not be familiar with. Building rapport and friendships across borders takes more effort. You need to be up for that.
- Understanding the commercial nature of SME business and the business’ perspective.
- For the right individual, the company is willing to pay better than market rates and provide fast progression if you’re up for the challenge