Junior HSSEQ Officer – Logistics (DBN)
Engineering & Technical
Junior HSSEQ Officer – Logistics (DBN)
Our well-established client is looking for a Junior HSSEQ Officer to join the team.
The Employee’s Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Carry out the day-to-day operations of the HSSEQ department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSSEQ logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSSEQ reports, as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSSEQ issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Manage and co-ordinate incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis, which will be your responsibility and accountability.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSSEQ training.
- Observe HSSEQ regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as Company customers and regulatory agencies.
- Comply with all Company and HSEEQ procedures and policies.
- Routine inspection of Company premises, including the yard, daily to establish HSSEQ presence and provide support.
- Yard demarcation and signage throughout the yard must be displayed, visible and updated in accordance with prevailing laws.
- Security personnel in the yard must be monitored and checklist of compliance must be created for each security officer, evaluated by the Employee, and documented.
- Risk Assessment must be conducted for the business of the Company, its operations, routes of transportation and its suppliers, which must include, amongst others, risks associated with loading and offloading, nearest emergency centres, safe stop areas for BVO’s and authorized and unauthorized rest stops for BVO’s.
- Route risk assessments to be done with the Operations Manager, which must include route risk assessment of all customer routes.
- Implement and manage driver fatigue workshops. Workshops must be documented. Ensure feedback is obtained from Operations Controller and Tracker on driver fatigue.
- Monthly Dashboard reports must be prepared and submitted.
- Checklists indicating compliance for each department within the Company must be created and administered, which includes Workshop, Wash Bay, Drivers, Operations.
- Implement and maintain operational procedures to control health and safety hazards and risks which are considered significant in respect to the activities, products, and services of the Company.
- Checklist for equipment compliance must be created and administered.
- Stock checklist of all equipment must be attended, on a weekly, monthly basis, including, but not limited to; Spill Kits, First Aid Kit, Tarps, Nets, Straps, Couplings, Tyres.
- Spill Kit training must be arranged, monitored, maintained, and documented.
- Safety alerts must be brought to everyone’s attention on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, including preventative measures.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly HSSEQ Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage HSSEQ Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform facility HSSEQ Inspections.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Have knowledge, review, and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements, (including but not limited to OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, Road Traffic Regulation, and the Dangerous Good Act), including the Company HSE policies and procedures.
- Implement Emergency Response Plan.
- asist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- First Aid Boxes must be replenished, and registers managed. All supplies must be up to date.
- Oversee Behaviour Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Deelop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Ability and Willingness to travel to other any locations for meetings, training, inspections, etc, including but not limited to cross-border travelling.
- Safety induction pamphlets to be created and distrusted to all personnel. Induction video must be created to educate staff and BVO’s.
- Mobile wellness clinic to be implemented, managed, and results documented for all personnel.
- All HSSEQ concerns, alerts, process, and procedures must be immediately communicated to the BVOs via toolbox talks and documented via registers.
- Engage and participate in all audit processes, internal and external and implement and enforce the recommendations and processes.
- Minimize injuries, accidents, and incidents.
- Provide timeous reports and reporting.
- Executions of all functions must be administered timeously, and without delay.
- Implement and maintain a register of hazards and risk in the Company.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Senior Management within the scope of HSSEQ.