JUNIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Internship position as a Junior Database Administrator. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with minimum experience who is a smart and enthusiastic young graduate.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of experienced Database Administrators and operate in conjunction with the wider business units that meet both client needs and company goals.
This includes monitoring of databases, database maintenance and operational support of the company’s databases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Will work with Database Administrator and IT teams to ensure that Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) database maintenance tasks are performed as described by the Database Operations Guide including, but not limited to the following:
- Strong ability to interact with clients from different business units.
- Proactive and accurate – attention to detail – quality is not negotiable.
- Ability to be creative and think laterally.
- Ability to understand and work with different cultures professionally.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow and suggest improvements to procedures.
- SQL Coding.
- Creation of stored procedures.
- Report writing. · Monitor and maintain database servers.
- Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment.
- Maintain database documentation as required.
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores.
- Trouble shoot and resolve database latency.
- Proactively monitor and respond to MSSQL database Alerts.
- BSC Computer Science or Diploma Information Technology
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on business requirements.
- Duties, functions, hours of work and responsibilities may be changed in accordance with changing business requirements, of either the employer or the Client of the employer for whom you are contracted to provide a service.