Independent Financial Planner – Key Attributes
- Has an exceptional and flexible mindset to engage and understand diverse cultural and intergenerational clients.
- Understands the full scope of financial, post-retirement and legacy planning objectives of clients, families, and corporate entities.
- By nature, has a “nothing is too much” attitude i.r.o. accountability and feedback to clients (always goes well beyond the standard call of duty in the industry)
- Is well equipped to lead, guide and grow paraplanning and administrative teams that he/she is accountable for.
- Has an equitable attitude and respect in balancing personal financial objectives with those of the business’ overall objectives and keep both in tandem.
- Acts as a custodian of the business in all his/her personal, business, and third-party relationships/ interactions in terms of values, integrity, trust and respect.
- By participation, always projects a friendly, amiable, and approachable attitude and demeanor.
- Is well versed in all facets of financial planning analytics and sound financial planning principles.
- By standard, is qualified with an RE (NQF 5), and by preference a BCom Finance, CFP, or similar financial qualification.
- Has qualified experience using x-Plan for planner diagnostics and solutions.
- Has broad experience and knowledge of diverse risk and investment products and providers and their differing offerings. i.e., is independently minded.
- Fully versed in I.T. technologies used across all planning activities.
- Extensive and broader knowledge of markets, trends, and general financial affairs both local and global.
- Understands and conducts all internal and reporting activities with utmost compliance (FAIS/POPPI) etc. -has good clarity of the legal framework in an FSP.
- Can conceptualize and produce personalized reporting to clients as his/her brand.
- Has effective energy and time management skills to clearly control and secure personal and business objectives.
Preferably, by experience, has managed a reasonably qualified risk and investment book previously.
Salary is R40 000 CTC