Head of Operations – Durban
Reporting to the MD, proactively working with the Senior Team, the Head of Operations will lead a team of highly skilled Operation Managers to create and deliver the company’s strategic and operational plans.
The Head of Operations must demonstrate proactivity, efficiency and effectiveness in terms of managing finance, developing team members and services further to drive the growth of the business.
- To the MD, business planning, operations, sales, marketing, compliance, data management and team management. This will include taking accountability for:
- Supporting the MD with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Providing appropriate support and guidance to the MD effectively in support of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans
- The role requires a visionary who is also a driven and decisive individual with a proven track record of leading from the front to deliver high value business performance whilst building an inclusive and collaborative culture.
- Responsible for supporting the MD in developing and directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company
- Maintaining an on-going, transparent dialogue with the MD to ensure the MD is kept up to date with day-to-day activities
- Lead on the execution and further development of the shared vision and mission for the organisation
- Ensuring appropriate financial planning with control systems are in place and complied with Assuming full accountability to the MD for all company operations
- Be the driving force in identifying and developing new opportunities for the organisation to sustain growth
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and all other employees
- Ensuring that the company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Building and maintaining an effective Management team
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company
- Representing the company to customers
- Embed a mind-set of continuous improvement in all activities within your control
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure the achievement of objectives, targets and strategic plans
- Manage the Management team to ensure that the company’s Services meets its obligations to clients and stakeholders
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
- Lead, manage and motivate employees to deliver high performance results Actively promote equality and diversity in the workforce
- Develop the organisation to be an ethical business in all respects of its activities
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in an IT Service environment Business degree in Information Technology or a related field
- Knowledge of and IT Certifications for ITIL,
- Experience of SLA definition and management
- Experience of IT contingency planning and business continuity
- Strong experience with business systems and related technologies.