The main purpose of this position is to maintain and repair electronic equipment and installations at The client centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Perform planned/preventative maintenance on electronic installations and equipment.
- Attend to service requests and perform corrective maintenance on electronic installations and equipment.
- Provide technical assistance in operational and capital expenditure projects on electronic systems and equipment.
- Create, update and maintain programmes and databases for running electronic systems.
- Negotiate with suppliers on the provision of parts and services.
- Maintain the software and hardware of all electronic systems.
- Perform duties as the Centre’s information technology (IT) representative and assist with all IT-related problems and queries.
- Provide relevant professional and technical advice to the Building Engineer on specific projects and contracts.
To be considered for this position, candidates must:
- be in possession of a Diploma in Electronic Engineering (T3) or a National Technical Certificate (N6);
- have at least five years’ experience as a technician; and
- have completed a trade test or in-service training.
Additional requirements include:
- knowledge of electronic security systems, specifically closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras, access control and intrusion detection;
- knowledge of fire systems;
- knowledge of evacuation systems;
- computer literacy;
- knowledge of the Avigilon system(an advantage);
- knowledge of the Impro access control system (an advantage);
- knowledge of the Ziton fire alarm system (an advantage);
- possession of a valid South African driver’s licence; and
ability to perform standby and call-out duties.