Donor Recruiter, Johannesburg, R16 000 – R18 000 CTC PER MONTH
Our client is looking for dynamic individuals to join their Gauteng team. The successful candidate will educate, recruit, and raise funds to build and maintain a Registry of potential donors that are ethnically diverse and committed to helping anyone in need of a lifesaving stem cell transplant.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB
- Actively engage the community through awareness, education, recruitment and fundraising to achieve goals.
- Proactively make contact and arrange with corporates, universities, and other service orientated organisations to host donor drives.
- Front line to the general public.
- Flexible work hours, often outside of normal office hours.
- Reporting into Regional Team Leader.
RESPONSIBILITIES DONOR RECRUITMENT, EDUCATION AND SPONSORSHIPS
- Assist Regional Team Leader in implementing an awareness/education strategy that effectively reaches its target market.
- Assist Regional Team Leader to grow existing regional databases of companies, schools, universities, hospitals, sports clubs, service orientated organisations and volunteers.
- Assist Regional Team Leader to proactively contact sponsors, donors, the regional media, volunteers, and all those people and activities related to donor recruitment drives/awareness
- Assist Regional Team Leader to arrange and execute donor recruitment drives aligned with the strategy.
- Assist Regional Team Leader to arrange educational talks at schools, corporates and other relevant institutions
- Assist Regional Team Leader to secure and meet the number of targeted drives
- Actively seek potential patients and volunteers through various outlets including local networking, social media etc.
- Build strong personal regional relationships with regional social workers and blood services, other non-profits and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate and prepare all drive related promotion material including flyers and posters.
- Ensure that all branding is returned to the office in great working order.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Afrikaans – verbal and written
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet searches required
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- The ability to empathise with people of all ages, especially in life-threatening or grieving circumstances.
- Must be able to travel nationally to attend Donor Recruitment events. There will also be requirement from time-to-time to work weekends and anti-social hours to support DR events.
- Ability to manage and motivate groups of people from different backgrounds and situations; public speaking is required
- Reliable own Vehicle and valid Driving License required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20kgs
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org