R25 000 CTC per month
Our client is looking for a junior content creator to complement their team of creative individuals
The ideal candidate is someone with excellent writing and digital skills, and a meticulous attention to detail. Has a keen interest in sustainability, is eager to learn and contribute to the success of South Africa’s biggest portable branding solutions company and the brands they represent.
The position entails content creation for our social media community, long and short-form copy writing, photography and videography, as well as graphic design. Passion, creativity, drive, proactiveness, and the ability to juggle broad and diverse sets of brand and marketing objectives, are essential for this role.
Essential requirements are:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Related qualification in media, marketing, communications, or a related creative field will be advantageous.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Experience working with Mail Chimp.
- Experience with WordPress websites – including WooCommerce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Experience in social media content production.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team.
- Photography, videography and editing experience.
- Excellent organizational skills (time and project management).
- Have a natural inclination for what makes engaging content and an understanding of current digital content trends.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage content planner for our 3 brands.
- Create engaging and relevant content, both written and visual, that align with their various brands’ values and connects these brands with our prospective audiences.
- Writing, editing, and uploading website content, ensuring that content is accurate and current whilst improving site SEO to generate quality leads through this platform.
- Working with the Marketing team to develop and implement exciting and engaging staff campaigns that enhance their company culture.
- Develop and execute engaging email campaigns to the customer database to help develop quality leads for the sales team.
- Working with staff from other departments to cover the stories of their people for quarterly newsletters.
- Conduct regular competitor analysis.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends by finding emerging keyword trends and industry-leading news to ensure their brands stay ahead of the curve and our content remains relevant.
- Writing blogs (minimum 1 per month) for each of their brands.
- Create staff birthday announcements.
- When necessary, edit digital content (photo and video) to ensure the highest quality content reaches our audiences.
Interested applicants must email the following:
- A graphic design portfolio in PDF format
- Examples of at least 3 long-form blogs they’ve written
- Examples of any brand content they’ve created for social media
*Video submissions for this role will be accepted and might earn you bonus points.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org