CREATIVE HEAD JOB SPEC
Who we are:
An innovative life insurance company that exists to protect the incomes of hardworking South Africans.
Internal studio within Marketing department reporting into Internal Agency Manager
Based in Durban at our head office or working remotely in Johannesburg/Cape Town/Gqeberha/East London and required to travel to Durban every few weeks
We’re looking for a talented Creative Head with strong leadership skills to build and lead the creative discipline of our internal creative studio. The successful candidate will be conceptually strong with outstanding design skills and the ability to provide clear direction to the creative team made up of a multi-media designer, copywriter and external partners.
Responsibilities: As Creative Head of our internal studio you will be responsible for unpacking briefs, articulating and developing strong conceptual ideas that resonate with the target audience and live comfortably online or offline. These creative concepts need to translate into practical campaigns that drive the bottom line for our business. You will develop and roll out end to end marketing campaigns across all platforms (digital and non-digital) to our different target audiences – financial advisers, policyholders, consumers and media. You will also work with internal teams such as Marketing, Sales and Distribution, Technology and UX/UI. The internal studio is the brand custodian and is responsible for ensuring all our external service providers are empowered to work with our brand.
As Creative Head, you will require a strong production knowledge and the ability to initiate creative production ideas working around limited time and budget. A good grasp on service design and the fundamentals of UX & UI will give you an added advantage as a creative in our environment.
Other responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- • Lead and direct the creative team within the internal agency
- • Roll up your sleeves and create
- • Work closely with the internal agency Manager to grow the creative discipline of the studio
- • Adhere to project timelines and budgets
- • Present creative work with confidence
- • Be proactive and produce outstanding work beyond the brief
- • Work as a team player ready to take on any project that may come into the internal agency
- • Work closely with multi-disciplinary project teams within the business
Skill set required:
- • Minimum of 3 year tertiary qualification in graphic design or equivalent
- • Have been between 6 to 8 years’ experience with at least five years’ experience as an Art Director at a reputable advertising agency or internal creative studio
- • Experience on insurance or financial services brand advantageous
- • Conceptual thinker with solid design skills
- • Have management skills leading and developing other creatives
- • Proficiency with design software Adobe: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD etc
- • Up to date with latest digital creative trends and ability to execute them across different digital channels
- • Ability to translate heavy content into a visual story
- • A powerful grasp of how content can play out across multiple mediums and
- • know your way around developing slick power point presentations with the ability to bring the story to life
- • Must be able to direct photoshoots, illustrators and animators
- • Self-starter and ability to inspire
- • Strong leadership skills
- • Ability to direct and nurture creative resources, and build a culture that enables inclusivity
- • Ability to give clear and concise direction to team members
- • Strong attention to detail
- • Ability to work under pressure in a close-knit team
- • Take ownership and responsibility.
- • Demonstrates effective self-management and good judgement, high EQ, confident, and communicates effectively with strong presentation skills
- • Keeps up with latest industry and marketing trends and innovation, and evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources
Salary is R60 000 CTC max