HR Coordinator. ONE YEAR CONTRACT IN DURBAN
Plan, direct, and coordinate Human Resource Management activities of an NGO based in Durban to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
Duties and responsibilities
Maintain and strengthen the company’s Conditions of Employment and Company Policies:
- Analyse, maintain, and make recommendations/suggestions for the improvement of the company’s Conditions of Employment, HR policies and practices.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and administering of contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as salary increases, staff advancement, staff training and equal and fair employment opportunities.
Manage the recruitment, employment, and terminations of staff:
- Co-ordinate staff vacancies and recruitment, interview, and selection processes
- Develop, administer, and evaluate applicant tests.
- Conduct employment reference checks and external verification checks including qualification/employment history/criminal/credit and any other checks.
- Draft and develop offers of employment and staff recruitment contracts.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude towards the organisation.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about the company’s Conditions of Employment – basic conditions of employment, job descriptions, working conditions, skills development, and salary structure.
- Conduct exit interviews of all staff regardless of reason for employee termination
- Provide terminated employees with detailed employment references and relevant information and forms.
Annual Legislative Reports:
- Submitting annual Workplace Skills Plan and Training Reports
- Submission of Employment Equity Reports
- Submission of Workman’s Compensation
Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE):
- Manage the company’s BBBEE verification process.
- Contribute to the development, alignment, and implementation of the company’s strategic transformation and EE plan.
- Manage the BBBEE scorecard across business activities and optimise opportunities for each pillar.
- Manage all annual submission and related administration for the portfolio.
- Provide guidance and play an active advisory role to business on Employment Equity, Diversity, Enterprise development and preferential procurement.
- Designing and Implementing BBBEE Transformation strategies.
- BBBEE Presentations and Report writing.
- Provide inputs in formulation of policies, practices and processes that affect BBBEE within Company.
- Monitor and report BBBEE spending against targets set up for various departments and divisions, including ensuring the accuracy of such information.
Development and wellness of staff:
- Identify skills needs/gaps within the organisation.
- Analyse training requirements of staff.
- Provide annual training budget to the COO.
- Maintain records of skills development training.
- Co-ordinate the various committees within the organisation i.e., health and safety, skills development, staff wellness and employees’ forum
- Implement and maintain health and safety procedures.
- Investigate and report on accidents for workman’s compensation.
Staff performance and disciplinary issues:
- Oversee the implementation of staff probation processes.
- Oversee the bi-annual performance management systems.
- Represent organisation at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
Management of HR/Staff information and filing:
- Oversee the maintenance of staff files (ensure all staff files contain a fully signed employment contract, staff information form, copy of ID, copy of driver’s license, job description, curriculum vitae, internal employment reference checks, external verification checks, recruitment, and selection documents)
- Maintain staff CVs in preferred format.
- Maintain Provident Fund/ TSA Beneficiary Nomination Forms and provide advice to staff regarding benefits/ manage claim process.
- Maintain proof of Medical Aid cover as per employment contracts.
- Maintain annual update of Proof of Insurance Cover as per employment contracts.
- Maintain annual update of signed IT, Confidentiality Policy, Ethics Policies, and conflict of interest declarations (and any other annexures to the CoE that may arise)
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree / diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of five years’ experience in HR management
- Knowledge on BBBEE and implementation strategies
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
- Knowledge of labour laws, legal codes, court procedures, and government regulations.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working in the NGO environment an advantage.
- Code 8 driver’s licence
Salary R25 000