Cabling Administrator – Durban
The role of a Cabling administrator will be to provide administration, support and coordination to the networking cabling team in alignment with company contracts.
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Good self-discipline and control
- Time management
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Logical problem-solving skills
- A confident individual who is able to demonstrate strong communication and customer service skills and will have the ability to build relationships quickly
- Proactive and a flexible team player who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and will take a methodical approach to tasks
- Co-ordination of data cabling/fibre/voice incidents & requests for internal/external/3rd party.
- Daily Incident Management (Updating, follow up and escalation of tickets to all stakeholders)
- Understanding of incident prioritization and business impact (SLA and turnaround times)
- To manage and co ordinate data cabling/fibre/voice project related activities and tasks
- To perform ad hoc activities for other service lines as required.
- Management of stock control and assets
- To ensure preventative maintenance is conducted.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- To maintain and improve customer satisfaction through first time incident resolution and quality service delivery
- Ability to resolve complaints and concerns with all customers
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Education and Experience required:
- Grade 12 (NQF level 4)
- National Information Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office – Word, EXCEL & Outlook
- Basic Project Management experience
- Krone /Molex – Advantage
- Health & Safety Training Attended
- English Proficiency
- Administration Data Cabling experience – minimum of 2 years
- IT technical knowledge
- Driver’s License Preferable
- No criminal record or pending criminal cases
- No drugalcohol abuse
- Candidate will need to undergo a compulsory medical and security checks