· Achieve profit budgets which the candidate would annually set with the approval of the MD
· Seek and identify sales opportunities in the market
· Successfully negotiate a trade (sale) using negotiation and salesman’s skills
· Maintain a high level of service to clients through strategic relationships and relationship
· Comply with the regulations of various markets
· Comfortably work within the company’s logistical and financial controls
Minimum experience required:
· Proven track record of successfully negotiating and closing trade deals
· Foreign language experience would be a bonus
· Excellent knowledge of South African FMCG products’
· Ideally knowledge of perishable produce would also be advantageous
· Knowledge of exports and logistics.
· Must be able to travel
· Previous sales experience is critical to be considered for this role.
· Strategically inclined with risk management experience
· Good mathematical understanding and an ability to read numbers / figures
· Working knowledge of INCO terms both on a buying and a selling basis
· Creative and inventive style of thinking
· An ability to show initiative in any given situation
· The maturity to handle a diverse group of customers
· Ability to think out of the box with an attention to detail
· Assertive person who is strategically minded.
Salary negotiable based on candidate.