Azure Data Engineer
Our client is looking for an experienced/ senior Azure Data Engineer who will be responsible for expanding and optimising our data and data pipeline architecture within the Microsoft Azure platform, as well as optimising data flow and collection from various data sources and systems.
The ADE will support various data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
The Azure Data Engineer will be responsible for data-related implementation tasks that include provisioning data storage services, ingesting streaming and batch data, transforming data, implementing security requirements, implementing data retention policies, identifying performance bottlenecks, optimizing data solutions and accessing external data. Additionally, the ADE will be responsible for Designing solutions for business which conforms to best practises in terms of planning, design, security, structure, redundancy & availability, including monitoring and alerting.
- BSC Degree OR relevant technology advanced diploma at NQF level 7.
- 10 years experience as a Data Engineer
· Networking and Infrastructure knowledge, with applied experience
· A working knowledge of technologies such as Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, SQL Server and TCP/IP
- · Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure services, functions and components: Azure SQL; Azure Data Lake; Azure Data Factory; Databricks; DevOps; LogicApps, Data Gateway
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate qualification (AZ-103)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate (DP200 – 201).
- MCITP/MCSE or equivalent certifications/experience demonstrating cloud/networking/infrastructure knowledge.