Engineering & Technical ~ IT ~ Artisans
Job title: Artisan (Electronics)
The main purpose of this position is to install and maintain electronics-related components in order to optimise the building systems at the Durban office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Engage in short-term planning and perform tasks independently against well-defined work instructions.
- Identify, evaluate and solve defined, routine and technical problems within a familiar context.
- Perform fault-finding for electronic subsystems or equipment, and determine component failure, which includes performing first-line preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Test all work and close out job cards (work orders) relating to electronic maintenance and project work.
- Interpret work instructions and basic drawings concerning construction, alterations or modifications, routine maintenance and operational projects in the electronic and related environment.
- Apply national standards in order to comply with health and safety requirements.
- Perform basic quality assurance on work done by external service providers for adherence to set specifications and/or industry requirements, and report instances of possible non-conformance to the supervisor.
- Prepare and submit daily reports using the standard template (job cards and the nonconformance reporting template), highlighting the work completed and possible problem areas.
- Engage positively with stakeholders and clients (which includes the handling of clients’ complaints and compliments).
- Willingly address any gaps in own performance of tasks and activities against the required standard(s).
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
- Matric / Grade 12 certificate, or a relevant NQF 4 qualification;
- National trade test (in electronics or electrical);
- Minimum of two years of work experience in an electronic engineering environment, with experience in fault-finding and repairs on gate motors and roll-up doors;
- Solid knowledge of maintaining and optimising building systems, with specific knowledge in CCTV, fire systems, evacuation systems and security systems;
- knowledge of computer software; and computer literacy.
Additional requirements are as follows:
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Drive for results;
- Focus on learning;
- Service and stakeholder focus;
- Problem-solving skills; and conscientiousness.