My team and I have been learning about the importance of a “To Do” List. I personally always have one and believe in it, so I wanted to share my thoughts on this with you. A To Do list should be compiled the day before or first thing in the morning before you start your day, it is important to be realistic about the tasks you write and always rank them in order of importance.
Research shows that successful people who are high achievers always have a “to do” list, here are the reasons why:
- It helps you to organize your day better and get more done in a day
- Reduces the stress of having to remember what needs to be done in a day
- Helps you manage your time better
- Reduces anxiety as you prioritize what is important
- Allows you to do your less important tasks in your least productive time of the day
- Makes your day more meaningful
- Helps you set limits for tasks
- Allows you to transfer tasks that were not completed into your to do list for the next day
Starting your day with a to do list requires discipline and it is a great way to stay motivated, feel like an achiever, be more productive and reach your goals.
Tick off tasks as you complete them, this will give you a sense of accomplishment and before you know it, daily goals lead to achieving weekly and monthly goals.