Production Supervisor I Eastern Cape
Client based in Eastern Cape that provides a wide product range to the Steel industry is looking for a Production Supervisor . The candidate will be responsible to manage, control and coordinate all employees and machunes within his/ her area of responsibility. Overssing the Production process to ensure the alignmnet to business needs and strategy
Plan, organise and execute responsibilities in a cost-effective manner in order to achieve growth and profitability of the company.
Manage the use of consumables, allocation of labour and overtime.
Supervision And Control:
Ensure the efficient supervision and control of all allocated responsibilities within the department as documented and inducted and within the guidelines, parameters and agreed targets of the company.
Human Resources Management:
Ensure the efficient management of all employees within your area of jurisdiction with regards to utilization, development, team effort, discipline and motivation in conjunction with the immediate manager
Ensure that quality standards and procedures are maintained as stipulated in the documented procedures and work instructions
Documentation And Reporting:
Ensure the meaningful, accurate, timeous and complete information is recorded on all documentation relative to your area of responsibility and the compilation of all performance statistics and reports.
Health, Safety And Environment:
Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to without compromise
Planning And Co-Ordination:
Ensure the effective planning and co-ordination of all responsibilities within the area of responsibility
To make recommendations on any improvements in the operational area that could impact positively on all related responsibilitiesEnsure that the housekeeping within the area of your control is maintained and improved continuously.
Perform any other reasonable duties as allocated by management.
To be able to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Matric / Grade 12 qualification
- National Diploma in Operations Management or related studies will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in steel processing production operations in a supervisory role or relevant experience
- Must have own transport and a Driver’s License.
- E-mail and SAP Job Cards
- MS Word & Excel
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent Steel knowledge essential, especially automotive steels and associated processing methods
- Must have knowledge of OHS Act and quality requirements
- Must be prepared to work shifts and overtime when required
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate the team
Should you meet the above criteria, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org