Materials Manager and Strategic Planner
Engineering & Technical ~ Finance ~ Supply Chain & Logistics
- To manage the flow of goods and services , involves the movement and storage of raw materials, of work in progress inventory, and of finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption
- A Computer Eng. diploma or associated qualification
- A qualification in production and Inventory management SAP
- Must have worked in a similar environment as Senior planner with proven track record
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position Product knowledge
- Good communication skills & team player Customer service focus.
- Supervisory skills.
- Problem analysis and problem solving. Decision making & negotiating.
- Planning and organizing. Initiative and flexibility. Information Technology.
- Being professional, methodical, focused and reliable.
- Ongoing product and shipping knowledge . Customer services training
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Managing Director, Financial Manager, Technical Manager, Customer Service Team, Laboratory, Production Team Leader, Customs and Logistics Manager, Warehouse & Maintenance Manager Compliance Officer, Sales Team and
- Head of Business Development, Strategy & New Business Development
- Customers, suppliers, clearing agents and employees from other CHT subsidiaries.
MAJOR TASK HEADINGS:
- Ensure that the overall materials planning process and disciplines are being adhered to as well as escalating to
- Management any disruptions and deviations from the current process
- Working towards meeting DIH targets and reducing WC. Meeting all IT functionalities within the job tasks.
- Inventory control and Management
- Planning and analysis – forecast orders to meet customer demands and new projects Liaison with key input planners local and international.
- Year end stock count
- Drive discussions with key people to ensure alignment within the teams to meet company objectives on materials and stock KPI.
- Highly effective communication skills
- Purchase of stock New suppliers used Stock write-offs
- Pricing of products in line with managers request Inventory management