Maintenance Manager I New Germany
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing and warehousing facilities, surrounds and machinery are maintained to ensure maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns both mechanical and electrical, people and project management, budgeting and reporting.
Key Performance Areas
- • Ensure efficient management, co-ordination and record-keeping of all workshop and general maintenance activities.
- • Supervise and lead all maintenance processes and operations – close projects within deadline parameters.
- • Ensure adherence to maintenance and service schedules.
- • Set tasks and prioritise work across the team by shift
- • Ensure availability of necessary tools and equipment
- • Assign small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- • Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site
- • Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule.
- • Plan and coordinate annual shutdown maintenance.
- • Schedule works so as to minimize unplanned downtime.
- • Ensure all maintenance related works are done according to acceptable practice and standards.
- • Ensure routine calibration, certification and maintenance of measurement and production equipment.
- • Provide input on whether designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose.
- • Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- • Maintain accurate maintenance record keeping and reporting.
- • Manage the process of introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, assessing quotations, to managing suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all relevant parties.
- • Ensure instructions to suppliers / contractors include a full scope of requirements to prevent add-ons and unplanned expenditure after quotation approval.
- • Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- • Monitor plant equipment efficiencies and participating in designing and developing future production capacities; coordinating with Research & Development regarding product changes and improvements; and updating maintenance operating procedures and schedules to incorporate the changes.
- • Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- • Produce written reports and make presentations.
- • Perform root cause analysis, incident reports and corrective actions – resolve problems.
- • Identify manufacturing equipment improvement opportunities.
- • Conduct routine audits / risk assessments of equipment and facilities and resolve issues.
- • Manage maintenance contractors on site and ensure legal / safety compliance.
- • Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
Purchasing and Finance Management
- • Maintains manufacturing assets and facility, parts & tools inventory, supplier quotations, monitoring purchase orders, invoice approvals.
- • Evaluating repair cost estimates against actual expenditure once repairs / improvements are complete to determine overspends.
- • Overseeing equipment stock and placing orders for new supplies when necessary.
- • Forecasting, ordering, and price negotiation of spare parts inventory.
- • Responsible for full maintenance budget function (CAPEX and OPEX) – including preparation, forecasting, presentation, management, tracking and reporting.
Health and Safety
- • Ensure that all systems, mechanical and electrical are safe to operate and compliant with regulations.
- • Ensure the safety of all staff and visitors to the facility or areas where maintenance occurs.
- • Developing company policies and standard operating procedures for all maintenance work.
- • Ensuring direct reporting team members adhere to the safety policies and procedures.
- • Check all tools and testing equipment regularly to ensure safe and good working order – report any issues.
- • Maintain Tool lists of Company and Employee items to ensure accurate record keeping.
- • Be able and willing to accept SHE regulatory appointments.
- • Hiring and management of subcontractors and other vendors for specialised maintenance work
- • Manage a team of maintenance personnel.
- • Ensure that the correct skillsets are present within the team.
- • Upskill direct reporting staff by conducting training meetings; one on one development sessions; outside technical skills training; and establishing and monitoring performance reviews for direct reports.
- • Provides training for factory personnel on maintenance processes and use of equipment.
- • Performs and verifies Performance Evaluations on direct reports at least once a year.
- • Addresses employee relations matters fairly and promptly.
- • Drives the Maintenance and Reliability initiative focused on Preventive & Predictive Maintenance through managing direct reports and toolbox talks.
- • Must be able to work to a flexible schedule.
- • Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvement.
- • Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- • Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
Communications and Reporting
- • Ensure a professional approach when dealing with the various Heads of Departments.
- • Written and verbal communication must comply with GeoChem code of conduct and should always be executed in a professional manner.
- • Ensure timeous and professional response to maintenance queries and complaints.
- • Provide timeous feedback and status update on projects managed (E.g. progress reports and maintenance logs)
- • Complete job Cards, Work Orders and Attendance Reports and Documents and ensure such documents are signed and submitted to the applicable department/s.
- • Ensure site hours are correctly indicated to allow for hours on site tracking.
- • Review and Monitor Reports provided by staff within your Department.
- • Present yourself in a professional manner upholding the reputation of the Company.
- • Presentable with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- • Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- • Ability to work independently but also be a team player.
- • Methodical and systematic minded
- • Able to prioritise activities and resources, ensuring that results are achieved effectively.
- • Acts in accordance with conventional ethical and professional standards.
- • Positive, self-motivated and confident approach.
- • The ability to work under pressure and to comply with deadlines.
- • Leadership capabilities – Develop and maintain strong relationships with staff members
- • Honest and Reliable
- • Will be required to undergo/pass workplace medical assessments based on requirements of the job (e.g. working on heights)
Experience and Qualifications
- • Mechanical Engineering diploma/degree is essential.
- • 5-7 years’ experience in maintenance management role.
- • Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including mechanical and basic electrical systems.
- • Ability to keep track of and report on activity.
- • Have experience in planning maintenance operations
- • Ability to develop and maintain Budgets and Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules.
- • Be highly aware of safety, health and hygiene stipulation and very cautious to reduce production downtime and errors.
- • Understanding of manufacturing and procurement / supply chain processes.
- • Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Drawing Software
Salary: R35 – R45 CTC per month
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org