IT Projects Engineer – Remote
Cape Town ~ Eastern Cape ~ Gauteng ~ KZN
Project Engineer – Remote
Our UK based client is looking for an experienced IT Project Engineer to join their team to assist in delivering solutions to their clients.
The Project Engineer will work with a wide range of technologies used in the SME IT space offering remote Project delivery with thorough planning & documentation.
The candidate must be an excellent communicator, be able to work effectively with clients from junior to director level.
The Project Engineer may also be a part of presenting proposals remotely and explain the benefits, project scope and implementation to clients as well as carry out regular project update meetings. The Project Engineer will also be responsible for escalated service desk support calls as and when required during less busy periods.
- Matric + Tertiary Qualification + CompTIA / Microsoft / Azure certified
- Proven, practical experience implementing Microsoft Azure Hosted Server Environments, Windows Server 2012 R2 and above.
- Domain management including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- Implementation of Microsoft Hyper-V environments including clustering and failover management.
- Virtual machine management and resource distribution.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 configuration, including Exchange Online, SharePoint, Teams and Intune.
- Storage management. NAS & SAN systems such as Synology & QNAP. Configuration of RAID management and ISCSI storage and clustering.
- Networking & Switching – Installation of managed switches including layer 2 & layer 3. VLAN management, Administering common firewall types such as Draytek & Sonicwall. NAT and firewall rules, failover and loading balancing, the configuration of multiple WAN IPs and DMZ Subnets.
- Wireless Networking, experience with Ubiquiti, Ruckus, Cisco Meraki and other technologies.
- Remote Access & VPN configuration, implementation & support experience. RDS, AOVPN & Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Full knowledge of Windows 10 & 11.
- Experience migrating user profiles and data, imaging, and multiple deployments.