Fitter & Turner
Our client in Durban is looking for an experienced Fitter and Turner specializing in Batch and Continuous Centrifuges.
The primary purpose is to ensure the efficient and precise operation of centrifuges within the sugar industry and other sectors.
A key part of the role will be maintaining, repairing, and optimizing the performance of centrifuges.
- Maintenance and repair of batch and continuous centrifuges
- Ensure equipment operates at their peak, maintaining their efficiency and reliability.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical issues, ensuring downtime is minimized and operations run smoothly.
- Conduct routine maintenance, timely repairs, and resolving any mechanical issues.
- New Installations and Commissioning of Equipment:
- Provide support to the team to assemble, install and commission new equipment.
- Ensure that batch and continuous centrifuges are maintained in peak operating condition.
- Set up, and commission new equipment, ensuring that it operates at peak performance and meets all required specifications
- Identify faulty parts and installing of new components for improvement.
- Assisting with workshop requirements
- Provide support to a broader range of equipment within the engineering sector
- Ensuring the entire workshop operations run effectively.
- Demonstrate proficiency in fitting and turning techniques
- Be responsible for adhering to safety procedures and guidelines to maintain a secure working environment.
- Matric + Technical qualification or apprenticeship
- Trade certification as a Mechanical Fitter and Turner
- Valid driver’s license and Valid Passport
- Proven experience as a Fitter and Turner in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Experience working with a wide range of materials, including metals and plastics
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in operating and maintaining centrifuges
- Strong mechanical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical issues.
- Must have precision and technical expertise,
- Ability to work in confined spaces with high precision
- Must have mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail when performing maintenance and repair work, especially in confined spaces.
- The capacity to analyse complex problems and develop effective solutions in a timely manner
- Ensuring a safe working environment when working in confined spaces or in proximity to potentially hazardous equipment
- Ability to travel to various job sites, both domestically and internationally
- verbal and written communication to collaborate with colleagues and report on maintenance and repair activities
- Must be able to meet the highest standards of quality.