Financial Manager – Durban
Our client is looking for a newly qualified CA to be part of a team while also running with projects for the Group Financial Director while being actively involved in group accounting.
An important aspect of the position will be to apply independent thought while performing tasks and create efficiencies in all processes.
• Financial Reporting
o Annual financial statements
o Budget variance analysis
o Monthly management financial statements
• Evaluate accounting, legislation & tax compliance with respect to existing and new products
• Technical IFRS application
• Running with the insurance Bordereaux & collection campaigns
• Assisting with management of the external audit & FSP audit for FSCA
• Consolidation, pro forma journals and elimination entries
• Reconciliation of General Ledger control accounts
• Attending to payroll related matters
• Ad hoc duties as required by the Group Financial Director
• Payment processing
• System projects and automation of financial reporting systems/reports.
• Ensure an effective communication channel between finance and other departments
• Financial process design and implementation for new business strategies.
• Investigate improvement to existing business processes to ensure best practice is adopted to achieve efficiencies.
• Must be qualified as a Chartered Accountant
• Minimum of 0 – 2 years post-articles experience is required
• Strong Academics
• First-time Board Exams Pass preferred
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all level including Executive Management
• Ability to work in a highly pressurized department and to tight deadlines
• Ability to multitask and work with multiple companies simultaneously