Data Scientist – Durban
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- Develop and deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence models and algorithms to extract insights, predict outcomes, and optimize processes.
- Apply statistical techniques and hypothesis testing to validate findings
- Data Strategy and Planning
- Feature Engineering
- Model Evaluation and Deployment
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Collaborate with business analysts, data engineers, and domain experts to understand and address specific business problems.
- Develop and enforce data security protocols
- Advanced math, statistics, or similar (including the relevant Ph.D. or master’s).
- Excellent business acumen.
- Advanced analytics skills, e.g. knowledge of predictive, diagnostic, or sentiment analytics models, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms (and their uses).
- Solid understanding of big data tools, e.g. Apache Spark, Hadoop, SQL, etc.
- Exceptional visualization, communication, and reporting skills, e.g. multimedia reports, dashboards, presentations.